Friday 28 October 2016

Thousands sign petition to ban worryingly thin Vlogger from YouTube for 'promoting anorexia'

 A worryingly thin vlogger has defended her videos as people sign a petition demanding she be banned from YouTube because they fear she is promoting anorexia.
Eugenia Cooney, a 22-year-old New York based video blogger with an online following of almost 1 million, told her fans she never tries to 'influence anyone badly and I never encourage people to try to look like me'.She has received a torrent of abuse and pleas to get help from fans both angry and concerned about her tiny frame.

More than 18,000 people signed a Change.org petition calling for her to be temporarily banned from YouTube and seek medical help.


In a Youtube video she released addressing the criticism two weeks ago, she added:
 'Some people are saying I'm like a bad influence on girls. I just want you guys to know like I have seriously never have tried to be a bad influence on YouTube or to influence anyone badly. I would never want to do that.
'I have never told anyone to try to like lose weight or to try to like change the way they look or to look like me.' 


She looked healthier 2 years ago when she started

 Daily Mail





No comments:

Post a Comment