Monday 31 July 2017

Shocking photos show female RAF recruit tossed around by naked servicemen in 'initiation ritual'

 Shocking images show the abuse suffered by a female RAF recruit during a debased “initiation” routine.

Burly naked servicemen with just rubber gloves on their heads and genitals pick Rebecca Crookshank up and force her into sexual positions.

Then just 21, Rebecca was the only woman among 28 recruits posted for training at RAF Mount Alice in the Falklands .

The sickening photos taken in 2001 have now bravely been made public by Rebecca, who wants to show the suffering that women recruits can go through.
“It was the beginning of a dark time,” Rebecca, now 36, explained to the Mirror.
“That evening the initiation ceremony took place. They were naked and wearing rubber gloves and pressing me against them.
“Another time the guys thought it would be funny to cable tie me to somebody else’s bed.
“I was fully clothed but there was a darkness, a fear. It so easily could have gone into a realm of something unthinkable.”
Rebecca recalls corporals having sex with female trainees. She said: “For a 16 or 17-year-old, it’s scary.”

When she made a formal complaint, an interview was conducted in her bedroom.

She said: “I felt violated, it was inappropriate. I was told that if I kept quiet, I could have a ride on a Tornado F3 plane. I was young, and I accepted it.”
Londoner Rebecca, who now works as an actress and campaigner against sexual harassment, left the RAF shortly after her ordeal on a four-week posting to the islands.







No comments:

Post a Comment