Sunday 26 February 2017

Singer Omawumi Recounts How Her First Time In Labour was

Singer Omawumi, in a new interview with The Sun, opened up on a lot of her 'first' experiences.

The 'Bottom Belle' crooner, also talked about the first time she experienced giving birth saying it was beautiful.

Read below:



Your very first work as an artiste?


My very first single is In The Music. I wrote the song myself and it was produced by Cobhams Asuquo.

First day on stage?

My first day on stage was during West Africa Idol in 2007. I had been on stage before but it was quite different. It was very good but I was nervous. Anytime I want to go on stage, I’m still very nervous but I think it’s one of the things that make a good performer.

Your first award?

I don’t remember. But one of the most prominent awards I won was a hip-hop award in 2009, which came with a KIA Optima.

First car?

It was a Toyota Rav 4 but the car don go somewhere. I no dey drive am again. I gave it out.

First trip abroad?

That was in 2007, when I attended the MOBO award with Timi Dakolo in London.

First day on an airplane?

Probably when I was a child. I no be mumu like that.

First designer outfit?

I don’t remember but I think I got it when I started appearing on TV. I do remember my first designer shoes were Dolce and Gabbana.

First pet?

I love dogs but my first pet was a cat I named Oscar but e don die.

First kiss?

I don’t remember. Even if I did, it doesn’t concern anybody.

First time in labour room?



It was in June 2011. It was beautiful. It was God that just did it for me. I had already planned everything I wanted, but at the end of the day, I forgot everything. I forgot the breathing for contraction, I just dey do my own dey go. I gave birth in America and by the time the pain started I was speaking Pidgin English to the nurse. I didn’t spend more than four hours during labour. God is faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment