Monday 8 May 2017

Bruce still lives inside me- Caitlyn Jenner admits

Caitlyn Jenner has hit back at those asking her to ditch her former identity,Bruce Jenner .

The former Olympian admits while she may have undergone a gender transition two years ago, she  hasn't changed that much.
She told the Guardian

 'It was hard giving old Bruce up, in a lot of ways. He still lives inside me.'
'I still do a lot of the things old Bruce used to do. I still fly airplanes and go race cars once in a while. I can have the best of both worlds,''I can live my life authentically, and still do all the fun stuff!'
She can't understand why many in the trans community avoid reference to their previous identities because she 'liked Bruce' and doesn't want to throw away all her past accomplishments.
She said:
 'I had a life for 65 years. OK?'
'I liked Bruce. He was a good person. He did a lot in his life. Oh, "he didn't even exist." Yes he did exist! He worked his butt off. He won the [Olympic] Games. He raised amazing kids.'
'He did a lot of very, very good things and it's not like I just want to throw that away.'


No comments:

Post a Comment