Thursday 18 May 2017

Bus driver handcuffed to Police Van: They found only an empty packet of cigarette on me

The bus driver policemen handcuffed to their van in Benin, the Edo State capital, and dragged along the road has said the officers found only an empty packet of cigarette on him. He added that the N3,000 and handset he had on him were removed and had not been returned to him.

While speaking with journalists, he said he was on his way to 1st East Circular Road when he was flagged down by policemen on patrol from Esigie Police Station. He said:


“I stopped and they searched my vehicle and found nothing except an empty packet of cigarette. While the search was on, the passenger in my vehicle took to his heels. “The policemen then pounced on me despite my cry that they should tell me what my offence is. “They handcuffed me to their vehicle and started dragging me along after giving me the beating of my life, while onlookers were wailing, demanding to know from them what my offence was. 
“It was at a private hospital that I regained consciousness. I enquired from the hospital staff who brought me there and chained me to the bed and was told officers from Esigie Police Station. “Meanwhile, the N3,000 that I had on me and my handset were removed and have not been returned to me. “I was later transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department, SCID, before I was later brought to the office of the Assistant Inspector General of Police, who is now investigating the matter.”


No comments:

Post a Comment