Sunday 7 May 2017

Tearful moment bride surprises seriously ill sister in hospital on way to her wedding

 This is the emotional moment a bride made a surprise visit to her sister in hospital on the way to her wedding because she was too ill to make it to the ceremony.

Rebecca Alexander cuddled her sister Vanessa Erickson, who is battling a serious infection in hospital after undergoing life saving surgery.

Vanessa, 22, was diagnosed with Crohn's disease a few months ago and had surgery to remove her bowel at the end of last year.


She is now suffering with an infection as a result of the surgery and is too ill to attend her sister's wedding .

So Rebecca, 32, decided she would surprise her at the Queen's Medical Centre, where she has been for ten weeks.

The family have ensured Vanessa won't miss out on the ceremony - and are live-streaming it directly into her hospital room.
 Vanessa, of Arnold, said how shocked she was to see her big sister ready to get married.

Holding back tears, she said:
 "She looks absolutely gorgeous, I've seen the dress before but not on her, I'm blown away.
"I have been diagnosed with Crohn's disease and now have a stoma bag because my bowel erupted in December last year, and it's all gone downhill since then.
"I needed a lifesaving operation to remove my bowel and from then I've been on treatment for Crohn's.
"But since the operation I've had an infection in my scar so I can't eat properly and it's causing more problems for me."

Vanessa still has troubling eating and is still losing weight despite the lifesaving operation and supportive efforts from family and friends.

The Nottingham Post



No comments:

Post a Comment