Tuesday 18 July 2017

Madonna attempts to block auction of Tupac prison break-up letter and “personally worn panties”

Madonna is trying to stop the auction of a handwritten break-up letter from Tupac Shakur, her "personally worn panties", and a note in which she called Whitney Houston and Sharon Stone "horribly mediocre".

The singer filed a request in New York Supreme Court for a temporary restraining order against New York auction house Gotta Have It Collectibles to halt the sale, due to start on Wednesday.



She said in court documents that she only found out about the auction in the press and accused her former friend and art consultant ,Darlene Lutz, of betraying her "in an outrageous effort to obtain my possessions without my knowledge or consent."

In response, a representative for the auction house and Lutz said Madonna's effort to stop the sale was "a completely baseless and meritless action," and they would challenge her claims in court.

 In the letter dated January 1995 and written to Madonna by Tupac while he was in prison for sexual assault, the rapper said he ended their romance because he felt that dating a white woman could jeopardise his career.
For you to be seen with a black man wouldn't in any way jeopardise your career, if anything it would make you seem more open and exciting," he wrote.
"But for me, at least in my previous perception I felt due to my 'image' I would be letting down half of the people who made me what I thought I was. I never meant to hurt you."



No comments:

Post a Comment