Friday 14 July 2017

Widow who started dating brother-inlaw 2 months after husband's death defends their relationship

A widow whose husband died after she banished him to the sofa following a row says she's now in a 'fake' relationship with his brother for the sake of her kids.

Ashley Murrell came under fire after revealing she was inlove with her brother-in-law Chris after she found 36-year-old husband Mikey dead on the sofa in May 16.

Mikey had slept on the sofa after the couple rowed when he returned after another 16 hour shift at work and she was worried he was doing too much.


But days after she found out he was only working so many extra hours so he could take her to Prague for their anniversary on July 3.

Ashley told the MailOnline today that she has received death threats and abuse after posting a photo of her and Chris together this week.

But she insists the relationship isn't real - and claimed they were only giving the impression they are a couple for the stability of her three children - and she wasn't replacing her dead husband.
They are used to having their dad around so it is nice and so important for them to have a male figure in their lives.
'And so we were pretending to be in a relationship for their sake.'
She added: 'Chris is not a replacement for Mikey. He is their uncle and always will be.'
Chris, an electrician, defended the bizarre relationship, saying it's natural to want to help.
He said: 'Losing Mikey came as such a shock. It felt like someone had stuck a knife in my gut.
'I drove straight round there to be with Ashley because she had no-one else.
'We're a close family and Ashley and I have been great friends for 10 years but since the loss we've become best friends. I've been a rock for her and she's been a rock for me.
'My mum finds a lot of comfort in seeing us support each other and I know Mikey would be happy to see I'm helping his wife and kids. I don't know any brother who wouldn't.'
'I am here to support Ashley and be a father figure for the kids but they are very clear on the fact that I am their uncle.' 



No comments:

Post a Comment