Saturday 12 August 2017

Khloe Kardashian Talks Tristan Thompson, Kardashians And More In New Interview

Reality TV star Khloie Kardashian, has hit back at bodyshamners.

The Keeping Up With The Kardashian star in a new interview with Mailonline reveals thatshe was even ‘bodyshamed’ as a teenager by her teacher.

Khloé tells The Mail on Sunday’s You magazine today that when she started at high school, a member of staff asked if she was related to Kim and Kourtney. 

When she said she was, the teacher replied: ‘Are you sure?’ Khloé says: ‘She never said I was fat, but I knew she was referring to my size. Words are the weapon we have: they cut the deepest.’
On weight and bodyshamning::


When I was younger I never wore jeans because I was too embarrassed. I would go shopping with my sisters and the [sales assistants] would say, ‘Oh, we don’t stock your size here.’ It was mortifying. Just because you’re bigger or curvier, it doesn’t mean you don’t want to be stylish.

Advice to your teenage self You have your whole life to be old and just a few years to be young, so enjoy your youth. Be 21, make mistakes.

Who makes you laugh? My sister Kourtney. We have a fun, silly bond.

Motto If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans. We can plan the rest of our life, but it doesn’t mean it will go that way. Pay attention to now!

Good American jeans are all about empowerment. We cut them to fit a fuller figure, rather than straight up and down. We decided we would not sell in a department store unless they took the collection in all sizes. We hope to break down barriers.

I experienced body shaming in high school. My sisters and I went to a girls’ private school and when I started, aged 13, the teacher read out my name and said ‘Khloé Kardashian… Are you related to Kourtney and Kim?’ I said, ‘Yes, they’re my sisters.’ She said, ‘Are you sure?’ She never said I was fat, but I knew she was referring to my size. Words are the best weapon we have; they cut the deepest and they last for ever.

I don’t like the term plus size. Why point out that someone is bigger than someone else? I’m a [British] size 8 to 10 now, and at my biggest I was a 16 to 18, but I never considered myself fat. I don’t mean you should be 400lb [28½st], eating bags of crisps and saying, ‘Oh, I’m just big,’ but you could be size 24, work out and be healthy.

On her family and boyfriend:


We’re successful as a family because my mother has always believed in us. She would sit in meetings in front of the highest executives and say, ‘My children can do X, Y and Z.’ People ask, ‘Is it hard having your mother as a manager?’ And I say, ‘Of course it is.’ We are constantly together and sometimes it’s difficult to differentiate a business deal from a family thing. But no other manager would believe in us like our mother does.

My boyfriend is very protective of me. Feeling loved and validated and secure is a huge thing. Tristan is protective of my entire family, which is beautiful. And I love that everything we do is as a union. When he speaks, it’s ‘us’ and ‘we,’ and that’s important because it shows that you’re sharing life. The best thing is that we’re able to communicate about anything, and I think a lot of relationships don’t flourish because people are afraid to voice their opinion, not wanting to rock the boat.

I love to cook, and Tristan loves everything I make. But I don’t think men realise how long things take. I make dishes from scratch, and he’ll be, like, ‘Can you make me an apple pie?’ I say, ‘Do you know how long it takes?’ He loves Cinnabons [cinnamon rolls], so I learned how to make them by watching a YouTube video. I ended up teaching my mum to make them, too.

It’s good to find someone who has the same belief system and morals as you because it makes things easy. Tristan and I are both Christians; we go to church, we pray, we’re vocal about God and spirituality. A lot of my girlfriends get pregnant without talking about things such as religion with their significant others and then find they have different belief systems to them.



No comments:

Post a Comment