Friday 4 August 2017

Lady whose nose has been ravaged by cancer shares selfies of harrowing battle

 A brave student who confused deadly cancer for spots has vowed to keep fighting after the disease ravaged her nose and jaw.

Marisha Dotson, 28, has lost parts of her jaw, eight teeth, nose tissue and skin and can only eat or talk with the help of a dental implant



But she has refused to give up, declaring:
"Cancer took my nose and parts of my jaw, but not my body so I will keep on fighting." "I earned these scars and should be proud of them as they area testament of my will to live, the blood, sweat and tears I shed to survive.
Early on, I made a decision that whatever pain I had to go through to live a little longer I would do and also I have a brother to take care of so I have to be around for him.
"Surgeons removed the bone in my hard palette, I lost eight teeth, my sinus cavity and tissue from under my eye and there is also a huge gap on the left side of my face.
"I have to use a dental implant now, without it I can't eat or talk because of all the missing bones in my face.
"The damage I have now I will live with for the rest of my life, I've given up on the cosmetic side of things and just feel so lucky to be alive.
"The odds of me surviving this form of cancer were very low as were the surgery success rates, I was given less than a 20% chance of still being here today.
She's now sharing a series of selfies documenting her battle from face ravaging disease to smiling with a mouth implant.

The student, from Knoxville in Tennessee, USA, first noticed a small red pimple-like dot on her nose double in size, began to hurt and started to make her ill three years ago.



Carters new agency


No comments:

Post a Comment