Monday 7 August 2017

OZUBULU MASSACRE: How Gunmen Killed Three Of My Relatives

The residents of Amakwa village, Ozubulu in Ekwusigo Local Government Area of Anambra State, are still in shock following the massacre that took place at the church on Sunday, killing scores.
Some survivors who spoke to newsmen revealed how families are still mourning as some lost over 3 of their relatives.

Amongst the people that talked to Vanguard, yesterday, was Joel Obunadike, who lost his uncle, his brother’s wife and a baby.

According to Joel, :

 “We were in the middle of the service when I noticed that a black jeep was parked outside. The car later moved from the spot and turned back a few minutes later and parked at the same spot. 

“A young man came into the church through the back door of the church and started shooting, while backing the alter. 

Many people tried to escape through the two doors and to our surprise, the gunman started shooting at them on both doors. It was a terrible thing. 

“I did not rush out like others immediately and it was most of the people who tried to escape that were either killed or wounded.” 

 Two other victims, Samuel Ndulue and Chinasa Chukwueloka also gave a graphic description of what happened in the church. 

Ndulue narrated his experience saying:
 “I was sitting on the third row from the front of the church when the shooting started and I got up to run away only for bullets to hit me on my two legs. 

“I became unconscious and it was when I woke up that I discovered that I was in the hospital. I am happy to still be alive.’’ 




No comments:

Post a Comment