Sunday 8 October 2017

Stop Misquoting Me, I never Said This - Moyo Lawal Cries Out

A few days back, actress Moyo Lawal, took to her IG page to share the above photo with the caption:
Just so we are still on the same table .... I'm an entertainer not an educator .... So it is actually my job to entertain not educate you ..... A responsibility which I believe belongs to your family ,school,religious entity ( however if I do happen to educate you through my gigs all well and good ...that however is not my primary objective ). ... .........Because I don't😞 see ya all judging, lambasting or name calling international or even local artists who go semi nude ,striptease ,grind etc on stage ,in their videos or pics (Double standards ..yesπŸ˜’) ........ ... Anyways moving on .... You can only accuse me of immodest dressing πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ™ˆwhich doesn't even go skin deep unlike most yes mostπŸ‘…people with dirty habits such as excessive smoking,drinking ,cheating ,excessive packaging(lying) ,violence ...etc...,........so biko "Holier than thou " peoples please let me breathe .... #Thankyou πŸ’œ .... #ML ..... #Stillthebaddestgoodgirlyouknow ..... P.s if you can't separate reality from fiction....it is not my fault ooooh πŸ˜™ #MoyoLawal ....had to repeat it ...maybe i should post one more time sef πŸ˜’πŸ˜…πŸ˜›πŸ˜‚third time could do the charm πŸ˜―πŸ˜žπŸ™ˆ
The post of course caught a lot of attention, ours inclusive, prompting several writeups and reactions, reactions we want to believe got to her indulging her to put her defence cloak and pen another post that further makes us question everything about her person.

She took to her IG page yesterday to share this and captioned it:

Please "DONT MISQUOTE " me ..... You know what a quote is right ....you have to copy it verbatim, you can't change words or use words that you ...."think are similar"... to suit your purpose ...... I wrote" I'm an entertainer not an educator" and used illustrations to explain my point.......... I certainly didn't write" Actor ",nor write any other words you people are replacing my quote with ....... Thank you ....πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ ...p.s... your story can be construted however you wish ,but just please Don't MISQUOTE me .... #ML
Now this is it, absolutely no one is misquoting you Miss Moyo. You are an actor, an entertainer and your job isn't only to entertain, if it were, I doubt scriptwriters would pen real life stories aimed at letting one or two know they are not alone and, what needs to be done in such situation.I doubt, the new Nollywood would be at the stage it is today, I really doubt that.  For crying out loud, even comedians whose job is to make people laugh....do so, so well these days they send subtle sometimes blunt messages and lessons out to their audience. Also, teachers are not tagged as just the ones in the formal settings in our life, I hope you know that. Our parents, siblings, neighbours, everyone around is a teacher....so do not try to play smart mam.

So, until you come up with a whole new definition and meaning to entertainer and educator, we are just going to assume your PR person [If there is any] is going through midlife crisis.


No comments:

Post a Comment