Friday 6 October 2017

Polyamourous couple reveal what it's really like


A polyamorous couple have revealed what it's really like to be in a marriage with three people

Carl and Kenya Stevens have been happily married for 22 years.

But for more than half of their time together they have both had multiple lovers.The couple from Asheville, North Carolina, quite literally practice what they preach by sharing their relationship, which has been the model for their coaching business, a ‘love academy’ called JuJuMama.

Carl, 46, and Kenya, 42, modern love therapy sessions reveal exactly what it’s like living as a polyamorous couple - in and out of the bedroom.

Kenya said: “Carl and I have been open for 12 years. We enjoy it so much that we support other people coming into this lifestyle..

Carl said: 
“Kenya and I met on a blind date. She matched a vision I had of the woman I was going to marry. - I was very physically attracted to her. I wanted to have sex with her right away.

Kenya:
 “It was love at first sight. We got engaged eight weeks later. Then we moved in together, within three months we were living together. By the next summer we were married. So less than a year after we met we did have our wedding."

But 11 years later, Carl admitted to falling in love with another woman.

Kenya said:
 “Carl came home and told me he was falling in love with another woman at his job and I was distraught.
"He and I had spoken about polygamy - that is one man many women. I have never agreed, I felt like if the man has many partners then the woman should be allowed to have other partners as well.
“I told him if we’re going to do this, then I’m going to do this too.”.
Instead of breaking up, Carl and Kenya decided to both became free to have multiple lovers.

When I first went on a date, it felt like I was betraying my husband. In western culture here in America women are not supposed to have a sex drive or desire men when we are married. It is taboo. It was hard to break through all of those belief systems.
Carl added: “It was very painful for me. I started having all these thoughts and images of her having sex. My jealousies and insecurities really came out.”

Whilst accustoming to their new way of loving, the parents also came out to their three children, Senbi, 19, Sanu, 16, and 12-year-old Kaheri..
Kenya said:
 “From the time that we opened, we told our children. And it meant that mummy and daddy could love more people and they just got it. They didn’t have any issues with polyamory."

Carl and Kenya have never looked back since becoming polyamorous and they firmly believe opening their marriage has made them stronger..

Kenya said: 
“For me, open relating and polyamory benefits my relationship in numerous ways.
"Opening our marriage to polyamory has made our marriage stronger because we can actually tell the truth.”

Carl agrees: “We are very open and honest with each other. For the first time in our lives I felt like we were able to be completely transparent on all levels.”

Culled from Daily Mirror













No comments:

Post a Comment